ERHS AP/Honors English Summer Institute for 2017-2018

Courtesy of Sunny Brae Avenue Elementary School website

From the website http://www.sunnybrae.us/academics/reading-language-arts/

Danny Nguyen, Secretary, Staff Writer, and Co-Editor of Features & Overall News

The online registration for the ERHS 2017-2018 AP/Honors English Language Arts summer institute is officially open for incoming freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors of new school year planning to take 9th grade Language Arts Honors, 10th grade Language Arts 2 Honors, AP Language & Composition and AP Literature & Composition.

Students can sign up by:

• going onto the ERHS website
  • clicking the “Academics” tab at the top
  • clicking “Advanced Placement and Honors Program” in the “Academics Directory”
  • clicking “AP Summer Institute Application” to be shown the main page.

This academic session over summer break allows students to get an experience of what the English classes they will be taking next year will be like as well as prepare them for the classes by exposed to the skills and content taught by their future English teachers. It is intense to a degree, hence being committed and ready to learn and work is a required mentality. It also exempts students from completing the required summer reading assignment, which you must complete and turn in at the start of the new school year to your English teacher in August if you cannot attend the institute.

The two-day sessions will take place on ERHS campus on Monday of June 5 and Tuesday of June 6 from 8 am to 3 pm both days. Attendance for both days is mandatory. If you miss one or both days of the summer institute, you will have to do the summer assignment to make up for that missing day or two.

It is crucial to register early as the window to do so closes on May 26 and seats are limited. Keep in mind that registering does not guarantee that you will be able to attend the institute, but rather puts you on the waiting list until you are notified via email if they are able to go to the institute or not at around the month of May.

Registration can be done through the CNUSD website

The summer reading assignment directions and guidelines can be found here if you are unable to attend the institute: Summer Reading. Select one of the tabs on the left corner that pertains to the school grade level that you are about to enter.