Teacher Appreciation Week

Gisselle Guerrero, Staff Editor / Writer

Weather it’s a little  act of kindness or a heartfelt thank you, teachers always enjoy and feel good when you tell them just how much they have influenced your life for the good. This week make teachers feel good by writing a heartfelt letter on how much they influenced you this year.

Especially seniors, this week is your last chance to tell that one teacher just how much they changed and influenced you throughout your years here at Roosevelt. Even though our teachers here are just as done with this school year as you are, those little thank you’s and letters make them continue doing what they do. Everyone has that one teacher they run to for advice and help. And lets not forget that one teacher you couldn’t wait to see, so you can tell them what college you’re planning on attending. Evelyn Herrera, a senior at Roosevelt High School told me, “through out my four years of high school, junior year was my most enjoyable year because I had one of my favorite teachers,  Mrs.Torres.” Evelyn explained that the reason she liked her, she said, “I felt the most comfortable during her class then I’ve ever felt in my four years of high school.”

Your homeroom teachers should have the little slips for teacher appreciation week. They should have received one this Wednesday or last Wednesday from your homeroom teachers and could have either given it to them personally or give it to your homeroom teacher so they can put it in your teachers box. Brianna Badillo said, “this is my first year at Roosevelt and my teacher Ms. Copetes has really helped me a lot this year.” She also mentioned, “it is difficult coming into a new school not speaking english very well but she helped me with my grades and understanding my homework’s.”

PC: Google Images