Thefts in Eastvale

If needing to contact the correct authorities about recent mail thefts in Eastvale, refer to the image.

Jazmyn Andrews, Journalist

Recently, Eastvale residents have been realizing the higher rates in theft in the city. Many reports have been filed with the Riverside County Police Department, and the U.S. Postal Service. Usually what thieves are searching for inside your mail are credit cards, social security numbers,bank statements, or checks. Other personal information may be obtained when a thief is lurking inside your mailbox.  Rated the #1 white- collar crime,which are crimes committed against business or government officials but they are usually non violent and involves public corruption, are mail and identity theft.

A Eastvale resident, and an ERHS student,Madison Swanson, a 12th grader states her opinion on the mail thefts,”I believe that people need to be more precarious, and careful in our neighborhoods.” Many other residents have experienced this, an incident occurred where, the “Outgoing” mail, was an open flap, someone took a crowbar and bent the flap and the whole unit of mail for the street, opened and was stolen. Swanson, also comments on the law enforcement,”Our police men and women have worked so hard and doing a great job at filing these reports and making Eastvale safe.”

A KTLA article has been uploaded about the mail crimes inside of Eastvale. Two people arrested, both residents of Eastvale

This posted on the City of Eastvale website, informing if or when mail has been stolen, what to do, or who to contact.

caught with theft of  a community mailbox. Nadia Gomez-Nunez, 41, and David Avila,31. If any sightings or need to report mail thefts, contact Eastvale Police Station:951.776.1099, only if the crime has been committed, and also report the crime to United States Postal Inspection Services:1-800-275-8777. More information can be obtained at City of Eastvale’s website : https://www.eastvaleca.gov/government

Another Eastvale resident and a father, Jeff Andrews, inputs his insight on the thefts,”when ordering from Amazon or other sites, maybe include a note to inform, or paperless mail.” Email also has been spreading widely, and electronically we have been developing fast, Andrews also adds,”digits portals, but through delivering items should stay but for example, everyone pays their bills online.” Andrews also made a good point for when maybe people are on vacation, and mail, should change deliver days and times, when the customer needs it by. Many other suggestions that others have made are totally electronically, or more safety regulations for residents.