The Roosevelt Review

October Student Spotlight: Sanika Subhedar

Pictured above, Sanika Subhedar.

Pictured above, Sanika Subhedar.

Joshua Dineros

Joshua Dineros

Pictured above, Sanika Subhedar.

The Roosevelt Review recognizes Sanika Subhedar, a junior here at ERHS as October’s Student Spotlight for her achievement and impact that she has made in our community. Subhedar is the Junior Vice President, FBLA Vice President of Programs, and is involved in Link Crew and Girl Scouts.

Subhedar was nominated by Assistant Principal of Activities, Michael Stanton. Stanton nominates her because he believes, “Sanika is an unsung hero. She needs to be recognized for all of the things that she does for us here on campus. Through student spotlight, I hope”

Subhedar’s life before ERHS

Before arriving to ERHS as a freshman, Subhedar moved to Eastvale in 2010 when she was eight years old. Her prior educations was at Rosa Parks Elementary where she began third grade. After, Subhedar attended Dr. Augustine Ramirez Intermediate School for both seventh and eighth grade.

Joshua Dineros
Pictured above, Tyler Vu, Andrew Barillas, Sanika Subhedar, Jasmine Ikbariyeh, and Brandon Williams.

Subhedar’s at ERHS

Subhedar’s proudest accomplishments are, “That I have straight A’s as an all honors and AP student for my entire educational career (Principal Honor Roll/Honors with Distinction every year).”

In addition, her accomplishments within the extracurriculars are that, “I have been Class Vice President for the ASB program for 3 years, went to Nationals for an FBLA competition, and have earned my Silver Award in Girl Scouts.”

Her hopes for this school year are, “To experience a different perspective in the clubs and activities that I am involved in. I think it’s important to know about the different aspects of something, so you can truly be involved and helpful in that organization or club.”

Subhedar’s life outside of ERHS

Besides the many activities that Subhedar participates in here on campus, in her free time, she enjoys, “spending with my family and friends, travel, [and] sleep.”

She also enjoys an array of Netflix shows such as, “Grey’s Anatomy, Jane the Virgin, Riverdale, Gossip Girl, Hart of Dixie, and Gilmore Girls…”

Subhedar’s Goals

Joshua Dineros
Pictured above, Sanika Subhedar’s Recognition Award.

Through many of the extracurriculars that she participates in, Subhedar continues to carry grit and work ethics throughout her work. She is some who is, “…always willing to lead with passion and care, help others, and most importantly have fun!”

Her closing remark is that, ” I’m so glad to be apart of the Roosevelt environment as it is one of the most spirited, welcoming, and diversified environments.  I hope to continue making a positive impact to our wonderful students and achieve as many accomplishments as I can!”

Congratulations Sanika Subhedar on your achievements and we congratulate her with recognition as the October Student Spotlight.

About the Contributor
Joshua Dineros, Writer

Joshua Dineros is currently a junior at Eleanor Roosevelt High School and writes for the student newspaper The Roosevelt Review. Joshua has an optimistic view on life which is why he relates to Mickey Mouse. Around campus you will see Joshua smiling and in a joyous mood. However, Joshua is also a hard worker throughout his classes, while simultaneously completing his tasks with a passionate purpose of serendipity.

Since he was a child, Disney has been a big part of his life because of his father’s involvement at Disneyland in Anaheim, California as a Chef de Cuisine at numerous restaurants around the park. Throughout Joshua’s early to mid childhood, he frequently visited Disneyland where he truly experienced the well-known slogan that Disneyland is “The Happiest Place on Earth.” Joshua identified specifically with Mickey Mouse because of Mickey’s openness and inclusion with everything that the character does, including his best efforts to take into account everyone else’s happiness on top of his own.

Though this is Joshua’s first venture into journalism, in the past he has maintained numerous personal and business websites, held leadership roles within clubs, and continues to be an active citizen within his campus and community.