ERHS College Fair

Joshua Dineros

Pictured above, CC Center administrator, Teresa Roeder.

Joshua Dineros

Joshua Dineros
Pictured above, Angie Alvarenga.

This past week at ERHS was a College Fair event with over 40 colleges, universities, and the military  representatives  in attendance. The purpose of the college fair was for the students to have the opportunity to meet with college representatives in a face-to-face setting and where students can ask individual questions and learn about individual college admissions requirements. Lastly, at the college fair students were able to find out more about rolling or open admission deadlines and financial aid from each university.

Joshua Dineros
Pictured above, Julia Guadalupe & Briana Groby.

Students who missed the opportunity should also know, according to Teresa Roeder who is an administrator for the college and career center is that, “The fair provides exposure to various colleges and students have the opportunity to explore without any obligation or commitment.  It’s a great way to compare various college options before completing college applications or making a final choice.”

University of California, Riverside (UCR)

Representative from UC Riverside, Paola Gonzalez, emphasizes that, “UCR is a research institution which uses what students learn in the classroom to apply in the outside world right away.”

Joshua Dineros
Pictured above, Claire Reyes.

An accomplishment of UC Riverside is that it ranked third in the nation for diversity because they serve as a Hispanic and African American University. In addition, UC Riverside is also ranked first in the amount of African American graduates.

Gonzalez also reminds students to, “Start your UC applications because they are due November 30.”

California Baptist University (CBU)

California Baptist University, a private four year Christian University located in Riverside, had representative William Yih explain that CBU is ranked, “Third best college dorms in California. Second best college food in California. Seventh best college campus in all of America.”

Joshua Dineros
Pictured above, CBU Representative, William Yih.

CBU transitioned to Division 1 basketball alongside Division 1 in all sports at CBU. In addition to sports, CBU offers over 80 majors available to students.

Yih remarks to students that missed the college fair that, “If students are looking to grow not only just as a student, but as a person in general, then CBU will invest in you holistically. You will find the friendliest people here at our school with a great and centered community.”

California State University, Fullerton (CSUF)

Pictured above, Nicole Love and Zian Thorne.

Representative Christina Anchondo is from California State University, Fullerton which is located ten minutes away from Disneyland. CSUF is a fully impacted campus and the largest CSU in the system with about 40,o00 students. Anchondo describes CSUF as having, “A very diverse student population, ranking fourth in awarding Hispanic bachelors degrees.”

Joshua Dineros
Pictured above, Luisse Ratunil.

Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising (FIDM)

A representative from FIDM which is located in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Orange County, and San Diego had representative Patty Phelps attend the college fair. Phelps explains that FIDM is, “A private four year college which offers bachelors degrees, associates degrees, and master programs at their four California campuses which educate their students in careers in fashion, entertainment, business, interior design, and visual and digital arts.”

Joshua Dineros
Pictured above, FIDM Representative, Patty Phelps.

Phelps also explains that these industries represent about 350 billion dollars each year. Moreover, Phelps also explains that, “Fashion is more than just the clothes we wear, it is the way we live our lives. It’s our music, movies, and the apps on our phones.”

FIDM is different from other colleges because, “We work with industry professionals to make students learn exactly what they need to know to get out in the real world.”

ERHS College & Career Center

Mustangs! If you have any questions about your future, the college and career center offers multiple resources which includes college visitors & adverts, scholarship opportunities and career exploration options.  It also offers assistance with applying to financial aid and college applications. According to Teresa Roeder, “It’s a bit of a well-kept secret, but the center is a great place to spend lunch time indoors.”

Teresa Roeder
To join the CC Center’s Remind. Text the @ to 81010

The CC Center Remind message system is a valuable tool.  Texts are sent when new scholarships arrive, college visitors are scheduled and reminders about deadlines for college testing & financial aid.