Grad Day: What is it?

Audrey Simanton, Staff Writer

Some seniors have probably been wondering why there are so many posters around school that say “Grad Day”. With some feeling disappointment with this years Grad Nite location being changed to Six Flags , some seniors have chosen an alternative option. Instead of going to the official Grad Nite at Six Flags, they will be continuing a long time tradition, and what they feel is a senior rite of passage by going to Disneyland during the day instead. There are downfalls however, as seniors would be required to pay for their own ticket, provide their own transportation, and would not have access to any of the after park closing Grad Nite events and activities. With various things to take into consideration, The Roosevelt Review decided to interview seniors and gather their opinions regarding Grad Day. Surprisingly, we found that despite these conditions, some seniors are nonetheless excited for this alternative option, and are enthusiastic to partake in it.

Senior Skyler Garduno, contested that ” I am 100% supportive of this decision. Disneyland is an iconic Grad Nite location, and I think this alternative is a great one for those who want to continue partaking in this tradition.” Johnny Sanchez, also a senior stated that, “I am very happy that they have this option as an alternative.”

However, while the majority of students have voiced their favor in regards to Disneyland,  not everyone sees Six Flags as a bad thing. Senior Andrew Souplveda thinks Six Flags will be “A great experience.” Seeing as though he’ll be spending it with his friends and still making fun memories.

Based on the flyers around school this is absolutely not a school function, it is simply a group of people who would rather spend time at Disneyland instead of Six Flags.

While everyone possesses varying opinions regarding this year’s Grad Nite location, a common consensus is that everyone desires to have a memorable night to cherish with their friends. The only question is, where will you be spending Grad Nite, Mustangs?