Fusion Dance Cancelled: UPDATE

Nia Saldana, Staff Writer

—–UPDATE—–

If you have purchased a Fusion ticket please visit the student store for your refund!

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————–

The upcoming Fusion dance which was set to take place at Silver Lakes Sports Complex in Norco, on March 16 2018, has unfortunately been cancelled due to the unfortunate events that have been occurring in schools across America and accusations that have been made in our district.

SilverLakes Sports Complex

On Friday, February 23 the student store sent out an email to staff and parents saying:

“Students and Families,

In light of recent disturbing incidences in schools around our nation, the Fusion Dance that includes Corona High School, Centennial High School, Roosevelt High School, JFK Middle College High School and Norco High School has been cancelled.  Although no threat is present, an event of this scale may be not be best at this time.  We would like to ensure everyone we will be brainstorming the details of the refund process and will provide you details shortly.  We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and thank everyone for your understanding.”

There has not since been any additional information released about how or when ERHS will refund the students money.

Although students are disappointed in the canceling of the event, they understand the risk it puts them and other students in this time of crime and tragic events.

In an interview with ERHS student Jene Horton I asked what she thinks about the canceling of the dance:

“I was disappointed since it would be my first time attending a Fusion dance but I understand the reasons behind the decision.”

She also said, “I’m glad the district is taking these recent events very seriously and ensuring the safety of it’s students.”