Quarter Grades are Going In!

screen capture of student connect website

Gisselle Guerrero, Staff Editor / Writer

It is time to start checking your student connect for your grades. Quarter grades are being turned in and if you have a D or an F, you can be expecting an IDF letter in your mail. An IDF letter is an “in danger of failing” letter and if your planning on going out with friends soon or making plans at all, you should start getting your grades up.

Different teachers submit their quarter grades at different dates. In the classes you are struggling in, ask your teacher when they are submitting their quarter grades. If you have time to make up your missing work,then do it. Once you turn it in, ask them to grade it and submit it then if they are not busy. Do not pressure them, and be polite. If your grades are bad, not because of missing work but because of low test grades, ask for extra credit options to raise up your grade.

Don’t forget to always be respectful when approaching your teachers. Respect their time and work. If they are willing to help you raise your grade, thank them. They are not obliged to help you, so their help is voluntary. Brianna Badillo said, “I try to turn in all of my work when possible,” she also mentioned, “I also try to participate in class as much as possible.”

Now is the time to start worrying about your grades. Once the end of the year starts approaching, It’ll be too late and then you’ll have to attend summer school or repeat the same class the next year. Seniors, any D’s or F’s, do have to be reported to all the colleges you applied to. That may or may not determine your application status in terms or acceptance.

Gisselle Guerrero
Brianna Badillo
Photo Credit: Gisselle Guerrero