Florida School Shooting

Kevin Ta, Staff Writer

On Wednesday afternoon around 2:19 p.m. Nikola Cruz was dropped off to his former high school, Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. After around ten minutes of arrival, Cruz pulls the fire alarm to send people outside. It caused mass hysteria as people flooded the hallways. Cruz shot those that didn’t come out on the first floor and then proceeded to go to the second floor to shoot others. When Cruz finished, he left his rifle and backpack and ran out to the crowd. As a student he blended in with other students evacuating the scene. He left the school and decided to go to a Subway to purchase a meal and then  sat at McDonald for a couple of minutes. Officers identified Cruz on the sidewalk and detained him.

Cruz has a history of posting threatening comments on Youtube under his full name “Nikola
Cruz” These comments include:
“I whana shoot people with my AR-15”
“I wanna die Fighting killing s**t ton of people”
“I am going to kill law enforcement one day they go after the good people”

Cruz was always raising red flags growing up, his Instagram account named “@Nikolascruzmakarov” has a profile picture of him with a full-face mask on and
a Make America Great Again cap. His account also has a plethora of pictures of firearms, rifles, and him aiming through them.

Rich Wang, a senior at Eleanor Roosevelt High School, expresses in dismay that “this was a terrible tragedy and I hope we can make laws stricter.”

Unfortunately, the FBI has reported that they have received a tip from another student that Nikola Cruz can be dangerous person but never forwarded the tip and
just ignored it. The FBI admit fault and is devastated about the situation.