AP Exam Registration Information

Danny Nguyen, Staff Writer

The College Board AP exams for the 2017-2018 ERHS school year is upon us and could arrive in just a blink of an eye. And while it is prudent that AP students start preparing for these important tests (which, by the way, begin for this school starting May 7 all the way up to May 18 which is really close), it’s also prudent to first actually buy the exams to take them. On that note, AP exam registration is in full swing and you only have 3 days left (February 21 at 11:59 pm) to buy them without an added $10 late fee. After the 21st, the fee will be active, but you cannot buy anymore exams after 6 pm on February 28. Here’s the other important information you need to know.

This year, ERHS students will pay for their exams online and online only. This is the second year that ERHS has done this and if you AP students haven’t already done so, you can do it here.  The program being used to sign up for the exams is called “Total Registration.”

Once you arrive at the site, you can create an account that you will use to register and purchase your exams.

The reason why it’s online now? Because the information that you will be filling in online (which has to be as accurate and truthful as possible) to register for your exams will be pre-bubbled on your answer documents so they you don’t have to.

The student store will not be take any form of payment for the AP exams this year.

One exam costs $98, but if you are part of the free-reduced lunch program here on campus, you could qualify for a fee waiver that will reduce that price down to just $5 by checking the box that asks you. But you must wait to receive an email that approves and verifies that you do indeed have free-reduced lunch before making your payment.

If you do register for the exams, but fail to make your purchases of those exams by 6:01 pm on Saturday, Mar 3, those exams will be canceled and not ordered.

Oh, and if for some reason you decide to cancel your purchases, you can get a full refund if you cancel your exams by Monday of March 5. If you cancel an exam by Friday of Mar 30, 2018, you are entitled to a full refund of the exam fee minus a cancellation fee of $20 (per exam canceled).

If you have anymore questions regarding AP Registration, please contact Mrs. Caroline Cota, the assistant principal in charge of the program, via her email – [email protected] – or by visiting her office in the same building as the front office.

Best of luck to all who are taking the exams!