Woody Allen Allegations

Fatimah Jackson, Staff Writer

In the light of actors and actresses rejecting to work for film-maker Woody Allen, Alec Baldwin came out on Twitter on Monday to defend him. After facing sexual abuse allegations for the past two decades for the molestation of his adopted daughter, Dylan Farrow, Woody Allen is now facing the repercussions of his reputation. The resurfacing of these accusations are accredited to the sexual assaults being uncovered in Hollywood. The terrifying amount of abusers in Hollywood being revealed is making it a safer place for victims, and previously ignored accusations are being taken much more seriously.

Fellow ERHS student, Aaron Jaramillo, had to say that, “It’s good that things like this are getting discovered, but I’m not sure about Woody Allen. If it’s true then, he shouldn’t have all these people defending him.” Actors and actresses that continue to work with Allen or vocalize their support for him are receiving backlash. Amidst all the pain and grief that all the abusers brought, there are many who are wrongly accused; thought they seem very few and far in between. Baldwin’s tweet brings up a good point in ensuring that, in our crusade of prosecuting the guilty, we don’t harm the innocent.

Photo by Express.co.uk

Woody Allen’s character has been scrutinized ever since it was discovered that he had an affair with his partner’s adopted daughter, Soon Yi, who was only twenty at the time. Afterwards, Dylan Farrow came forward about the alleged molestation. Woody Allen, to this day, pleads his innocence. Many have argued that Dylan’s claim was a ploy created by her mother, and many believe that Allen is a predator and most likely targeted his current wife when she was young. As to whether or not Allen is innocent, we may never know.