Teen Bullied to Death

Ariana Scott, Staff Writer

NBC News

On December 5th, thirteen-year-old Rosalie Avila committed suicide after enduring bullying. Avila hung herself and was put on life support but her parents made the decision to take her off. According to family and friends, she had a good heart and was very ambitious, but could not handle all of the hatred she was receiving from peers. Students at her school would make fun of her appearance.

Rosalie “kept a journal of the suspects who bullied her,” said her mother, Charlene Avila. In the journal, Avila wrote about her experiences and struggles that went on within herself. A family member had claimed that they went through her Facebook posts, and Rosalie had commented on how she wanted to donate some of her organs to children who were in need. They are in the process of donating her organs to children, and making sure to follow what Rosalie would have wanted.

Her parents said that the “bullies only got suspended for a couple of days,” Fox News reported. That is the problem with parents and raising their kids- they aren’t involved enough in their child’s life and when that happens the kids end up thinking they can do whatever they want to anybody they want. Parental supervision is crucial because your child could be bullying anyone and they might need proper discipline. Always check in on your children and see what’s really going on in their lives because although Rosalie had an outlet to vent all her problems, it is important for victims of bullying to talk to someone. That’s the only way the problem can be fixed.

Junior at Roosevelt High School, Emily Christensen spoke on the sensitive subject about bullying. ”

I have witnessed bullying and you can tell that some people are just genuinely ignorant and do it to be cool. It isn’t funny nor is it cool.” Do not just stand by and watch someone make fun of someone cause you think it is funny; people deal with things in a different way and it’s important to be considerate of one another.