Movies to Watch Over Thanksgiving Break

Adriana Martinez, Staff Writer

Thanksgiving break is coming up, and with a vacation comes plenty of time to hang out with family friends. Luckily for the film industry, many new movies have been released to accommodate the awards season. This month, blockbusters like “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Murder on the Orient Express,” and “My Friend Dahmer,” are all available to see in cinemas now or in selected theaters.

This week, kicking off the Thanksgiving break is the long awaited “Justice League,” coming this Friday, is said to dominate the entertainment conversation, followed by “Roman J. Israel. Esq.” starring Denzel Washington, and a drama featuring Julia Roberts “Wonder”.

As for upcoming weeks ahead, Disney’s new animation “Coco” coming November 22nd, shares a new perspective into the Hispanic culture and an ode to Mexico’s historical celebration of Dia de los Muertos. The new Disney film is about a young boy, Miguel, who has a passion to pursue music but is confronted to face the Land of the Dead to understand his families ban on music. “Coco” will be temporarily available to view in Los Angeles’ El Capitan followed by Disney’s new Star Wars film “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” coming December 15th.

Along with next weeks movie releases are “Darkest Hours,” “Call Me By Your Name,” and “The Man who Invented Christmas.”

As for ERHS student Sydney Thompson shared her excitement and movie plans over break, “I’m planning on going to the movies with my grandparents to watch the new ‘Thor’ movie. I’m glad that we’re going on break and that I get to sleep in have more time to hang out with my friends.”