There’s No Place Like Homecoming Dance

Source: *Google images*

Source: *Google images*

Jaelyn Fudge, Staff Writer/Editor

From the pep rally, spirit week, court nominations, and a successful win at this year’s annual Homecoming football game, this past week has been quite eventful here at Roosevelt! To commence all the festivities that occurred over the past week, was the annual Homecoming dance that occurred this past Saturday!

With a turnout of about 1000+ kids, it was definitely a night to remember! The theme of the night obviously resembling “The Wizard of Oz”, (with the clever catchphrase, “There’s no place like “homecoming”) the décor of the dance was classically designed to resemble the classic movie. Festive streamers and banners were included, also resembling the theme of the night.

Photobooths, food trucks, and festively decorated tables to set the mood were incorporated into this year’s homecoming dance, also made it a memorable night. While some may argue that the ambiance of homecoming was the most memorable aspect of homecoming, others may argue that it was definitely the DJ and actual dancing part that made it memorable.

We had  a chance to ask some homecoming attendees what their opinion of the actual “dance” aspect of Homecoming was like for them.

“I thought it was amazing and this year Homecoming was definitely memorable considering it’s my last year.” Senior student Hailey Morales comments.

“I also really liked the DJ bcause he was great and really played amazing music that was fun for everyone to dance to. Overall I really enjoyed myself!” Hailey additionally adds.

Well you heard it Mustangs! For all those who weren’t at Homecoming this year, make sure to go next year so you don’t miss out again!

Source *Google Images*