Football’s Pink Out Game!

pmx+photography
pmx photography

pmx photography

pmx photography

Hailey Morales, Staff Writer

Our homecoming game was so memorable. The floats designed by the school class council were well thought out and decorated, they should be happy to show all their hard work out on the field. The weather was nice outside and that’s how we know that winter is coming soon, which means football season is closely coming to an end but not for our team as we’re all praying that we make it farther than CIF this year! This week, we went against Ayala taking an easy win with a the score ended 48-6. It was a great win for us, indeed. Our team did so well during the preseason, now it’s time to take that greatness to league!

One of our main rivals, Centennial is playing against us on Friday, October 6, so they should be one for us to remember.  That day is also our pink-out game for breast cancer awareness!

We lost last year to this team but like some of the boys have said before, we have more talented players now and now that we do we’re better as a team. Having a bunch of talented players can only get you so far, as you need to have people that are able to be cohesive as a group and all have the same goal to win.

Centennial’s football team is known to be one of the best high school football teams in the state and they have a huge reputation that will not be tarnished. Roosey’s team this year wants to change that because we know what a big challenge we have ahead of us and we’re staying focused to make sure that our team gets the recognition they deserve. Leaving your name known on the field after you leave is very important, but I know the team will have no trouble doing that since they’re so dedicated to what they love and do.

Today we’re going to interview junior Darrien Moore and senior Jordy Araya on their thoughts of this game against Centennial.

Araya, senior offensive tackle says, “This year is different because there’s so much more talent on the team and the connection that the team has is better because there’s a lot of returning players. We really think we can make this a big game this year, we won’t see another team like Centennial so being able to play them helps not only me but the whole team grow. We’re going to bring everything we have into this game.”

Moore, junior on the D- line says, “I feel really confident going into this game because we have been preparing all year for this. All we have to do is do what our coaches ask of us and do our jobs. There’s a lot of pressure because everyone thinks were going to lose but I plan to not let their running back get any yards that he’s not supposed to get. We have to go out there and do this for our parents, fans and seniors because this is their last chance to be able to say that they won Centennial.”

It’s our pink out game so be sure to show up with your pink, snacks and blankets!!!