La Quinta vs. Roosey!

Hailey Morales, Staff Writer

Last week, our football game was in our Mustang Stadium against Alta Loma. The ending score was 41-6 and the team was so happy to show off their hard work! Nights of practice and more weight room really paid off. They were really down on themselves since they lost badly a couple of weeks ago but it was just time for redemption.

La Quinta should be interesting. It’s quite far so the bus ride will be a little longer than normal but they’re sure going to make a name for themselves. They’re going to leave the field whether or not they win, with their names being known. Every week has a game and it’s getting repetitive but doing something that your life revolves around never gets tiring.

The seniors this year are making sure to really show their talent so they can get as many offers as possible so they can be able to have options for college in the fall. A lot of the players have been traveling to see what schools are looking like that have offered them and Oregon is one of the main schools that the boys love!

College applications are coming up and its getting stressful but the players are making sure they have their priorities in check. School first, football second.

Be sure to get a ride, bring snacks, blankets and support your school’s football team this Friday at the La Quinta Field.

Bring your spirit!

Juniors Jalen Johnson and Tyson McDonald, both starters on Varsity, shared on their thoughts on this game versus La Quinta and their personal goals.

Jalen, a receiver says “I feel confident that we’ve been putting the necessary work in practice and during the week to fulfill our goals during this game. We have a lot of talent on our team so we will definitely come out with a win. Last year we had some trouble with them but now we’re better prepared. This season I want to be the best I can be and just not hold back.”

McDonald, a safety says “It makes me feel good starting Varsity as a junior because I know I’m doing everything I’m supposed to be doing and I still have another year to show everyone what I can do. I feel like this week, we’ll come out with a good win. I’m hoping to achieve at least 5 tackles and 1 interception during this game.”