Taylor “Dethrones” Despacito: Not

Marsaydí Jeffries, Staff Writer

The single Despacito by Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee featuring one of my many husbands, Justin Bieber, has been on the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart for a consistent 17 weeks. Well, that was until Taylor Swifter, took the spot of number one according to the Billboard.

Apparently, Swifts single, “Look What You Made Me Do”, has “dethroned” Despacito due to Swift’s earnings of her fifth number one.

Now, my husband Justin was featured in Despacito which was incredible, but SPECTACULAR with him included. There is no way Swift toppled Despacito with the lack of quality provided in her newly released song. It is preposterous that someone would dare claim such a thing.

Although it wasn’t specifically uttered out of her mouth, I still despise the statement.

Don’t get me wrong. I do not share a peeking hatred for Taylor, but I do have a disliking towards her actions and her new upcoming ‘character’. I believe since her shift from Country music to Pop music, an unlikable change in her has erupted.

But, back to the topic.

Taylor Swift did not show up Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee’s single. Yes, she may have earned number one, but in my heart and the hearts of others, she did not deserve it nor did she receive it. This is confirmed by one of Eleanor Roosevelt’s junior students, Marshalé Jeffries, who agrees that “Despacito was not dethroned” and “it was more liked than Taylor’s song.”

Another reason on why Despacito wasn’t displaced is that it had topped charts since May. Did Taylor Swift not drop her song late in August? Due to her recent release, how can she be number one when she is only holding the title for a short length of time?

Courtesy of www.billboard.com
Sipping of the Tea as my point has been proven.

So, I say which song is really number one? That’s right, with it’s popular rating Despacito, Luis Fonsi, and Daddy Yankee steals the title above all else.