BLACK OUT GAME!

Hailey Morales, Staff Writer

Tonight’s football game between Servite High School and Eleanor Roosevelt High School has the potential to be interesting……

What is certain, though, is that the Mustang home team is extremely ready for this game, first home game of the fall sports season for football. They really are back in the kick of things after garnering their first win their previous away game against Eisenhower High was a complete blowout, with a final score of 44-3.

The mentality that comes when working hard to be the best is progressively paying off for them, making their goals come true one game at a time. Those long practices – 6-9 pm everyday – are getting tough and the nights are feel longer for them. They’ll stop at nothing, not even rest because they want to stay prepared to hopefully get a straight winning streak! Confidence is the key to everything, so having that mindset is very important for them.

Lately, members of the varsity team are getting a lot of well-deserved recognition through the various offers from schools, something that they haven’t gotten over the years. Sure, the word of mouth from schools in the district have been fierce and competitive in nature regarding the performance of our football team recently, but it’s good to know that none of that is getting to the heads of the players because they’re focused and determined to get those wins.

Hopefully we get good feedback and support this season! Having senior players on the team is going to be tough when they’ll leave, but they’re making sure to leave their mark on Eleanor Roosevelt. This week, we have some opinions and feelings from Junior Braedin Huffman and Senior Major Lee. Huffman and Lee are both wide receivers. Huffman was just out of the first game back because of injuries, “I’m ready to get back on the field and dominate with my team to get this W, I always listen to Pretty Boy Swag before games to get me hyped and I’m proud of my team for winning last week.” Lee, “I also listen to Pretty Boy Swag by Soulja Boy, I’m most excited for the Norco Game and I feel like we did okay last game but we could do better, there’s many things we can improve.”

These varsity players were so hyped to show off their brand new uniforms with the new colors and new numbers they got! After weeks and weeks of practice, the Friday night lights finally came back around.

All pictures are from me 🙂