Need Advice? You’re Not Alone…

Source: Google Images

Source: Google Images

Jaelyn Fudge, Staff Writer/Editor

Are you dealing with issues at home or school? Do you need advice about how to approach difficult situations? Or plain just need to talk to someone? If any of the following questions apply to you, don’t be alarmed, but contact the Peer Counseling organization on campus. Peer Counseling is a relatively new organization on campus that voluntarily counsels kids that need advice or assistance. Instead of approaching the official school counselor, Peer Counseling offers an alternative if you prefer to discuss matters with someone who can relate to your situation.

“If you really need someone to talk to, or want to talk to someone other than an adult, we’re here for that.” Returning Peer Counselor Danyla Goins assures. Regardless of the situation, peer counselors are open to discuss any topics or issues, and will attempt to aid you to the best of their abilities. When asked if Peer Counseling receives requests from peers on a consistent basis, newcomer to the program, Jade Thompson reveals why the concept is appealing to students on campus.

Source: Jade Thompson; Danyla Goins (left), Jade Thompson (right)

“I think the idea is really appealing to students on campus because I feel like some people are more comfortable talking to their own peers first before approaching an adult.” While visiting the official school counselor can be effective as well, peer counseling serves as a healthy alternative to those who are uncomfortable in discussing their issues with adults on campus, but still ensures that help is available for anyone who is in need of it.

Need to get in contact with someone in Peer Counseling? Be sure to stop by Ms. Gamache’s room in E104 3rd period and ask for a request slip if you have anything you’d like to discuss. However, if you desire to get in contact with peer counseling more discreetly, never hesitate to ask a teacher or administrator on campus for a request slip. (*Additionally, peer counseling is in the process of uploading their personal website, and creating a separate Twitter handle, so if you desire to contact  Peer Counseling via social media or online platforms, information will be further dispelled as its being developed)