Senior Sunrise Aftermath

Senior Sunset?!?

Senior Sunrise Aftermath

Gisselle Guerrero, Journalist / Editor

It happened. We went. We enjoyed.

This is the beginning of the end. Four years at this school and class council did a good job with the slide show capturing all our memorable moments here at ERHS. Senior, Nidia Rojas del Real, really enjoyed senior sunrise and said, “the best thing was hanging out with my friends and being able to share that memory with them.” She put herself out there and this event is something she will be able to look back on when she thinks of her high school experience.

Blankets, balloons, food, friends. It is all tradition and one that should never be broken. Obviously, “having to wake up way earlier then usual,” was something Nidia did not enjoy, however, “the overall experience and my friends made it all worth it,” for her. Despite it being so early in the morning, the whole football field was filled with smiles, laughs, and a happy vibe. Friends making jokes and just overall enjoying each others company.

Now, our tradition of letting a balloon up into the sky was not forgotten. After all, we all want to graduate. Everyone with their closest friends came together to let go of their balloons, symbolizing us graduating and succeeding after high school, on our own.

After senior sunrise, seniors were talking about trying to get the school to fund senior sunset. When I asked Nidia how she felt about this, she responded with, “this is the first time I’m hearing about it, but honestly it is a really good idea and I hope the school is able to do that for us.” So what do you guys think? Should we start a new tradition here at ERHS and leaving behind out footprints as the class of 2018?

Nidia Rojas del Real