Link Crew’s Annual Lip Sync Battle!

Monica Rodulfo, Historian/ Staff Writer

Eleanor Roosevelt High School’s very own Link Crew hosted their annual Lip Sync Battle on the Friday evening of Mar. 3. Doors opened at 5:15 p.m and the show started at approximately 6 p.m. Pre-sale tickets were sold for $5 from the student store or any link crew member, at the door tickets were sold for $8 but not many were available. The sixth annual lip sync battle was sold out!

The theatre was filled with many talented students who put on a great show! Performers received lots of love from their fellow Mustangs and most of them even got standing ovations. Homeboyz Only opened up the show, followed by AA Nation who lip synced Eminem’s “Lose Yourself” and Frozen’s “Let It Go.” Just Us lip synced to a mix of songs from The Pussycat Dolls to MC Hammer. Theater participated in Lip Sync as well with skits in between performances. Most of their skits dealt with mocking things that have been going on around our campus, like the construction of the STEM academy in the back parking lot.

HRRK performed to a variety of songs like “Feeling Myself” by Nicki Minaj featuring Beyonce, “Pretty Young Thing” by Michael Jackson, and “Formation” by Beyonce. Star performed to Beyonce’s “Freakum Dress” and C.O.G. Girls performed to a mix with Selena’s “Baila Esta Cumbia,” Ciara’s “One Two Step” and “Fergalicious” by Fergie. Next to have taken stage was 4R Da Squaw with “Bad and Boujee” by Migos, some songs from Travis Scott, “Money Longer” by Lil Uzi Vert and “No Flockin” by Kodak Black. Hannah and the Montanas took over the crowd with a throwback to several songs by Hannah Montana. February’s Finest Mase and Felix performed to “Tie Me Down” by New Boyz featuring Ray J and “Bedrock” by Young Money and Lil Wayne; throughout their performance they went into the crowd, passed out roses to girls and even pulled up two lucky girls up to the stage to be serenaded by them.

Tea Plus performed to “Better Have My Money” by Rihanna. MAM lip synced to “Hit Me Baby One More Time” and “Toxic” by Britney Spears. Bad Teen performed to “Twist My Finger” by YG Bad and Boujee by Migos and “Pretty Girl” Rock by Keri Hilson. Up next to perform was The Culture, The Ringleader with “Circus” by Britney Spears, and last but certainly not least was Final Key.

As all the performers were great the judges had a very tough decision to make, first place was awarded to The Culture, second place was awarded to Final Key, and third place was given to The Ringleader. Congratulations to all! make sure you attend next year’s lip sync for a night filled with lots of talent, humor, and laughter!