Roosevelt Seniors – What’s Coming Next?

A few of the colleges that were discussed in this article!

Izzy Casillas, Journalist

There are several different chapters in a person’s life. Childhood, elementary and middle school, high school, and then perhaps the hugest one of them all; transitioning from high school to whatever comes beyond.

There are so many different options for high schoolers to choose. You can continue on to universities and community colleges, become an apprentice, learn trades, enroll in the military, invest into starting a business, and so many different options.

As for myself, I am going to be attending the University of California, Riverside (UCR). I’m going to be majoring in Creative Writing with the CHASS Program, which is an acronym for College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences.

Something I’m really excited about for this next chapter in my life is the college experience and dorming. I’m excited to have a space close to campus and hopefully have someone cool that I can share it with. I’m excited to be close to the school and walk around the campus, exploring and hopefully making some new friends and experiencing new things.

What are our Mustang seniors’ plans after college, and what are they excited for?

College banners and flags in the Career Center on the ERHS Campus!

“I am going to be attending Norco College,” said Karina Ramos. “I really don’t know exactly what I’m going to be doing, but I’m excited for the ride. I do know that I want to pursue something in the field of forensic science.”

“I’m going to a four year university in Northern California called Cal Poly Humboldt,” said Leah Spiers. “I’m majoring in Intro to Journalism. I get to be on my own and ten hours away from my parents. Right now, I think I want to go into news somehow, I don’t know what. I’m just going to start with journalism and see where that takes me, and eventually become an established writer.”

There you have it Mustangs! For any of our other seniors, what are you guys doing after high school?