Pet Bunny Resort in Hong Kong

A fluffy bunny on a flat surface with a green and brown background

Izzy Casillas, Journalist

Many people have pets. Pet dogs, cats, birds, fish, hamsters, and so many more. And many dog owners know that there are doggy hotels and resorts to pamper your pooch. There is a slightly different version of this in Hong Kong, where there is a resort for pet rabbits!

There is a huge range of pets that people can own. Dogs are by far the most popular option for pets in America, with 48.3 million households owning dogs in the US. And while dogs are certainly very popular elsewhere in the world, some places may not be able to take care of or have the room to accommodate man’s best friend.

Hong Kong city view from The Peak at twilight (Shutterstock)

Take for example, Hong Kong. A very busy, crowded, and industrialized city. Many people in Hong Kong own pet rabbits, as apartments are small and might not have as much room for larger animals. Because COVID-19 restrictions are being lifted, many of these pet owners are traveling again and need a place for their little fuzzy friend to stay.

Enter “Bunny Style,” a luxury resort in Hong Kong for pet rabbits!

The place was created by a woman named Donna Li, who originally started Bunny Style with the idea of creating a comfortable place for the rabbits to play during the hot and humid days. It has since grown into a resort, complete with exercising, grooming, and other special treatments for the adorable little friends.

A poll from our Roosevelt students about bunnies!

“Bunnies are single-celled organisms with with no coherent thought flowing through their head, of course I want one,” said Kevin Pagoa, ERHS junior. “A resort for bunnies… that sounds kinda cute. Just make sure that you don’t leave them in there for too long because rabbits multiply fast.”

“I think bunnies are super cute and would make a wonderful pet! But I don’t know if they would get along with my dogs, so I’d get one if I had no dogs,” said Max Ventura, senior at ERHS. “A resort for bunnies sounds like an adorable place to be. Like seeing so many cute bunnies would be a fun experience for sure. I would definitely take it to the resort. It would be nice if it made friends with other bunnies.”