High School Life

Yazmin Gamboa

High school has been good and bad at the same time. Honestly high school has been a roller coaster. Drama, losing friends, people hating on you for no reason, finding out who your true friends are, the work being hard, the work being easy, having a lot of homework, having little homework. It’s all part of life in high school.

Some good parts that I have experienced are, still being friends with my best friend Kaitlyn, going to my first homecoming in 2021, hanging out with friends, and practically that’s it.

Some alright parts of being in high school are definitely drama and losing friends. I regret not going to a few games and dances with some friends, and I do regret not living it the way I wanted to.

My Junior year has been good and alright at the same time. We’re in the second semester and it’s honestly a little easier than my first. My grades are better than they were and I also have goals that I do see myself accomplishing. I still have Kaitlyn with me, and she’s always been with me. Home; home’s alright. I have my moments and my dog Twixy, she’s getting older. I still get scared that one day I’m going to lose her. I’m definitely not ready for that.

I’ve been through a lot during this time of year, I’m sure we all have. I’m doing a lot better than I was before and I am proud of myself for how far I’ve come. School’s rough here and there, but I know I can do it. I do want to get and do better than I am right now. I also want to make my family proud, not only them, but myself. I have goals for the future and I’m really looking forward to them. One thing I need to start to worry about is getting myself a job. I want to save money, end up learning how to drive, and go to school at the same time; and much more.

My advice to most people is, honestly, live your life, do you, don’t worry about what others think about you, and if you have any goals, go for it. If you ever think you aren’t good enough: you are. You are good enough, again don’t worry about what others think of you and do you <3.