Bad Boys for Life movie review

Forbes

Bad Boys for Life, released on January 17, 2020

Janelle Mejia, Journalist

Released on Janurary 17, 2020, “Bad Boys for Life” had its long awaited debut in theaters. Being the third movie in the Bad Boys series, there was a lot of anticipation and excitement for its release. The first Bad Boys movie was released in 1995, Bad Boys II was released in 2003, and the release of the third movie in 2020 was long awaited by their fans of all ages.

Both Erick Benas, a senior at Eleanor Roosevelt high school, and Reynelle Mejia, a Eleanor Roosevelt alumni, watched the new “Bad Boys for Life” movies and I asked if they would rate the movie out 1-10. Benas rated the new Bad Boys movie a 9, and when asking Mejia she rated the movie a “solid 8 for action and commedy.”

Janelle Mejia
Erick Benas, a senior at Eleanor Roosevelt high school

Moreover, when asking both Benas and Mejia if they have watched the older movies from the series and how they would compare “Bad Boys for Life” to the older movies Benas stated, “I have watched the previous Bad Boys movies and I do not think that the third one (Bad Boys for Life) was as good as the other ones but watching all three movies brought back memories from when I was little…” He expanded and said, “that’s what made it a good movie for me.” When asking Mejia about her familiarity and comparison of the older movies to the newest movie she stated, “I’ve never watched the two older ‘Bad Boys’ movies before but I think that the third movie had good humor and action scenes…” She added, “Although I didn’t watch the older movies, I enjoyed the movie and am interested to watch the others now.”

Janelle Mejia
Reynelle Mejia, an Eleanor Roosevelt alumni

With the release of “Bad Boys for Life” in theaters, it had a lot of positive reviews and on Rotten Tomatoes, the newest Bad Boy’s movie was rated a 4.68 stars by the audience. With a successful come back of an iconic movie series, “Bad Boys for Life” was worth the wait and anticipation.