Emergency Water Leak Repairs

Brianne Leber

Photo taken from the safety of my friends car as we drove down the big bear roads.

Brianne Leber, Journalist

Wednesday January 29th, the city of Eastvale sent out an email blast warning commuters of the emergency water leak repairs taking place the following day, Thursday January 30th, 2020.

The repairs took place on Hamner at 65th street located in the city of Norco. They were set to close down two northbound lanes but continue to keep at least one lane clear in both directions. The repairs were set to take place from 7am to 6pm. They assured the public that the construction noise would be monitored to ensure that the project remained in the necessary compliance levels or, in simpler terms, the noise limits.

They stressed the importance of making sure to allow time for any traffic caused by the repairs. Commuter traffic is always a hassle and is only worsened when accidents occur and must be fixed.

Brianne Leber
Piper Lloyd and Autumn Leber in bus as we were stuck in traffic.

The city kindly asked for commuters to obey all traffic and construction signs, drive safely, and “do not enter the construction work zone”. They also again voiced the importance of planning “accordingly by taking alternate routes and allowing for more travel time”.

At the end of the email, they noted that scheduling may change depending on weather, unforeseen emergencies, acts of nature, and more complications.

Hannah Arneson, ERHS student, told me that she thinks that road work “takes way to long for thing to get done and the timing of maintenance is disruptive”. She proceed to explain that she knows its a “very important piece in our society as it (roads) bridge everyone together”. Hannah also told me that “traffic on the other hand is the epitome of frustration”.

Thankfully for the public, everything went according to plan and the roads are now safer for everyone! Hopefully others will join the Eastvale email subscriptions list so they have instant notification of other traffic altering emergencies for the future and a better commuter life.