“Teamwork Makes The Dream Work!”

ERHS’ Basketball Start of the Season

Teamwork Makes The Dream Work!

Ravyn Warner, Chief Sports Editor

ERHS Boys’ Varsity Basketball; Xavier Preston, Brandon Porter, Matt Joseph, Jemarl Baker, Jared Williams, Tyler Goodlow, Marco Rocha, Demetrius Thomas, David Agba, Matt Mitchell, John Davis, Dylan Morgan, Addae Madison, Tre Boyd, Jayden Haynes, Andy Koch, and Brennon Wade.

Our varsity boys basketball team has started off this season with a remarkable 3-0 record. They played their first league conference game on January 10th  away versus Centennial High School where they won by 8 points with a score of 81-73. Way to start off the new year! In the same week the team took on the Corona Panthers and dominated with a blowout score of 70-57. Though the boys had a successful first week, they had another big game approaching . Tuesday, January 17, the boys traveled to Martin Luther King High School where they battled against the wolves and came home with a victory of 65-54. Teamwork literally made the dream work! Some players to watch out for are shooting guard Jemarl Baker and small forward Matt Mitchell. Both senior players have commit to play at the college level, Jemarl at the University of California, Berkeley and Matt at the California State University of Fullerton. Congrats boys! Be sure to come out and support our boys’ varsity basketball team as they compete against Santiago High School tomorrow, January 19, at home, at 6:15 pm. To get game schedules, times, and other updates follow @erhs_basketball on twitter or ask any of your fellow mustangs! We’re on the road to state!