ERHS Football Senior Night

Via: (Maddy) @hurtkocainee on Instagram

ERHS senior night and Mustang cheerleaders.

Rylie West, Journalist

Senior Ceremony

This Friday, November 1, our Mustang football team faced the first place in league, the Centennial Huskies. Centennial is always a top competitor for a division one CIF championship and competes at the highest level, so this was going to be a challenge for our Mustangs. The Huskies came out hard and immediately scored, but we fired back with a deep ball to senior Brandon Porter to score a touchdown. The Huskies pulled away with a few more scores, and made it hard for our team to come back. Our Mustangs fell to the 8-2 Huskies to make our regular season record 4-6. With that being said, our mighty Mustangs still made playoffs and will face off in their first round of CIF against South Hills High School on Friday, November 8. Mustangs, go support your boys football team as they try to make a run for a championship this post season!

Kate Hove (right) and Mary Wise (left)

Due to this game being the last regular season football game of the 2019 season, it is tradition for the last home game to also be Senior Night, to honor the senior football players, senior football managers, senior song team members, and senior cheer team members, as their four years of being apart of Friday night lights comes to an end.

At 5:30 p.m. the seniors were represented in a ceremony that took place of the football field. Each senior was introduced and walked with family, friends, and even their favorite teachers.

Mary Wise, a four year football manager says she will miss, “Being able to spend time with my friends and the environment of it all.” For four years she has contributed to the team by preparing the team meals, running the clock at practice, and filming all the games. Although being the scenes, Wise has been an important back bone for the team.

On the opposite side of the camera, four year varsity pom member, and three year varsity song member, Portia Cabagnot says that being apart of the Song Team has impacted her life, “It has honestly been so amazing, it has really helped me grow as a person and as a dancer, and it has made my high school experience way better.” When I asked Cabagnot what she was most excited for during possibly the last home game she responded, ” Honestly I am just excited to yell and cheer for the boys one last time.”

Portia Cabagnot

Congrats to all the seniors on their final moments of the season and their amazing senior night. Lets support our Mustangs as they fight there way through playoffs on Friday, November 8 at the Covina District Field at 7:30 p.m.!