Jumanji 2: The Next Level Update with Poster

Dylan Ramos, Reporter

On July 1 earlier this year, the trailer for Columbia Picture’s Jumanji 2: The Next Level made its official debut online and in theater previews.

The sequel to the hilarious action-comedy reboot back in  2017 brings back past stars Jack Black, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, Kevin Hart, and Karen Gillian all to reprise their roles as the motley-crew playable video game character cast a band of kids (Alex Wolff, Madison Iseman, Ser’Darius Blain, and Morgan Turner, also returning) are sucked into- but this time around, as the kids have grown familiarized to their avatars, a new twist is thrown in.

It comes in the form of 2 new stars; comedy icon Danny Devito, star of It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia,

Columbia Pictures
“The Next Level” Poster Goes Bananas

and Danny Glover. The elderly actors will be portraying two grandparents who, along with our returning cast of teens, will be sucked into the Jumanji videogame and will swap bodies with bodybuilder and ex-WWE star Dwanye Johnson and the springy, shorter comedian Kevin Hart.

This is bound to send the characters on an escapade of goofs and gags as the ornery old men get adjusted to their new action-bound bodies, and as previous stars have to take on new or switched avatars. Character Anthony “Fridge” Johnson, portrayed by Ser’Darius Blain for example, will now be playing as Professor Shelly Oberon (Jack Black), or as he was referred to in the official trailer below, “the old fat dude.”

The movie looks to make a great comedic and action-full theater experience, most enjoyable for it’s laughs, it’s characters, and their moments.

The plot may be our characters diving into the game on their quest to rescue their lost friend and grandkid Spencer (played by Alex Wolff), while also encountering reinvigorating, humbling, and bonding experiences as they come to grips with their new avatars and ever so treacherous world of Jumanji.

If you’re looking to share this experience, your family or a group of close friends would make a great crowd to bring to the theater. The film will premiere Christmas this holiday season, courtesy of Sony and Columbia Pictures.