Top Five Anime Series To Watch

Marc Molina

Number 5: Kill la Kill

Kill la Kill is an anime series produced by Studio Trigger and was released on October 3, 2013 with over 24 episodes. having only two seasons, Kill la Kill had a TV rating of 8.2 in the span of one year, through 2013 to 2014. The story of Kill la Kill is about a punk schoolgirl named Ryuko Matoi who searches for information about her father’s killer. Ryuko finds the answers she seeks by attending Honnouji Academy High School; controlled by a the student council president Satsuki Kiryuin. After taking a ruff betting by the hands of one of the club presidents; Ryuko desperately tries to find the strength and  power to eliminate her enemies. she later on does, by meeting up their her friend and uniform, Senketsu. Senketsu is talking uniform that can transform into a combat frightening uniform; performing a series of attacks with the help of Ryuko’s scissor blade. Ryuko is left with the responsibility to save the world by destroying the main enemy of humanity, life fibers. Aliens from across the universe that harvest organic life to reproduced their species.

Number 4: Brynhildr in the Darkness

Brynhildr in the Darkness is a Japanese science fiction manga series written and illustrated by Lynn Okamoto. The manga was released in 2012 on the Weekly Young Jump, a Japanese manga magazine. On April 6, 2014, the manga series received its first anime Tv series; it ended on June 29, 2014 with over 13 episodes. Brynhildr in the Darkness is about a young man in High School named Ryouta Murakami. About ten years ago, Ryouta and his best friend Kuroneko set off to find proof of alien life. Sadly, Kuroneko dies do falling off a high cliff.  Ryouta devotes his time and life to prove  alien life exist; as way of honoring his best friend. Then one day, a new transfer student comes to his class and shatters everything he believes: her name is Kuroha Neko, and she looks exactly like the deceased Kuroneko. After Kuroha displays supernatural strength in saving his life, Ryouta becomes a part of Kuroha’s life, learning about her past and the hidden forces that exist in the universe.

Number 3: Infinite Stratos

Infinite Stratos, also known as IS for short, is about the near future, where a Japanese scientist creates a high-tech powered exoskeleton called “Infinite Stratos”. A young man named Ichika Orimura attends the IS Academy and given his own personal IS, do to his special ability to control an IS; All IS machines are controlled by females and not males. His older sister, Chifuyu, is a legendary IS pilot who raised him when the siblings’ parents abandoned them at a young age. At this training school, Ichika is reunited with two of his childhood friends, Houki Shinonono and Lingyin Huang, and befriends Cecilia Alcott, an IS representative from the United Kingdom. Guided by the legendary pilot Chifuyu Orimura—their strict homeroom teacher and Ichika’s older sister—Ichika and the girls will need to use everything at their disposal to defend themselves and their academy against the dangers that will arise during the course of their thrilling school life. ( The anime has two season with over 26 episodes.)

Number 2: Goblin Slayer

Goblin Slayer is a Japanese dark fantasy light novel series written by Kumo Kagyu and illustrated by Noboru Kannatuki. On May 25, 2016, a series of Goblin Slayer was released and published by Square Enix’s seinen manga magazine Monthly Big Gangan. Two years later, Goblin Slayer had received its first anime and was aired on October 7, 2018 with over 12 episodes. The story of Goblin Slayer is about a man who lost his sister and village to the evil disgusting monsters known as goblins. After watching what happened to his sister right front of his eyes, Goblin Slayer made it his sworn duty to hunt and kill all goblins to protect the people. During his journey, Goblin Slayer comes to realize that needs help from other adventures that share the same interest as him. He later on finds a young woman, a Priestess, who agrees to help him in his journey to kill goblins. She becomes the first member of Goblin Slayers’s party and frequently accompanies him during adventures. Later on, Goblin Slayer is introduced to three more adventures who join his party. They are a High Elf Archer, a Dwarf Shaman, and a Lizard Priest. As time goes by Goblin Slayer finally understands that he’s not alone, and that is party members are now his new friends; and will continue to fight by his side no matter what happens.

Number 1: Attack on Titan

Attack on Titan is a Japanese manga series both written and illustrated by Hajime Isayama. The series first began in Kodansha’s Bessatsu Shōnen Magazine on September 9, 2009, and it has been collected into 28 tankōbon volumes as of April 2019. On April 6, 2013, Attack on Titan was announced to have its own anime series; right now, Attack on Titan has had over 51 episodes and has had 3 seasons so far. The story of Attack on Titan is about a world where mankind was slaughtered to near extinction by monstrous humanoid creatures called titans, forcing humans to hide in fear behind enormous concentric walls. What makes these giants truly terrifying is that their taste for human flesh is not born out of hunger but what appears to be out of pleasure. To ensure their survival, the remnants of humanity began living within defensive barriers, resulting in one hundred years without a single titan encounter. Our main protagonist, Eren Yeager, makes his life decision to join the Scout Regiment. A military branch most actively involved in direct Titan combat, Titan study, human expansion, and outside exploration. They have the best soldiers who are the most skilled in using the omni-directional mobility gear. Eren and his two childhood friends, Armin Arlert and Mikasa Ackerman, all three decide to join the survey corps I in the hopes of eliminating all titans and finding what awaits them outside the walls.

I asked Daivish the question, Why do you consider attack on titan your favorite anime, and why should people watch this anime? He said, “Normally because the show is very bloody and has great artistic technique and a good  mystery timeline that will give you the thrills.”