Apple Airpods Vs. Earbuds: The Ultimate Debate

Alyssa White, Staff Writer

Apple came out with their famous AirPods back in 2016, but the debate of whether they are superior to earbuds with a cord, has recently started to became a major topic of conversation throughout our campus.

There are some pros and cons to both sets of of music playing devises:

Pros for AirPods: Bluetooth, charges in a small and portable case, better sound quality, and can charge phone and listen to music at the same time.

Pros for earbuds: The cord catches the phone if it falls, cheap and replaceable.

Cons for Airpods: Can potentially get lost because of how small the buds are, can easily misplace the case, expensive, dependent on battery life.

Sara Land, Junior

Cons for earbuds: The cord tangles into a large tight knots and takes too long to untangle, cord frays.

As the debate between these listening devices has heightened, The Roosevelt Review interviewed some ERHS students and they had differing views on the musical comparison. Sarah Land says that she prefers “AirPods because it’s easier to listen to music and charge [her] phone [at the same time].” Although, she does say that “earbuds are more convenient” because they are significantly cheaper.

Eden Fike, Sophomore

Eden Fike, Sophomore, says that, like Ms. Land, she would rather use AirPods instead of earbuds “because they are stress free [and] you don’t have to worry about the tangling… and [they] are less noticeable.” She elaborated and said, “I can easily access them quickly rather than have to take time to untangle the wires.”

Claire Wetterau

Claire Wetterau says that, instead, she prefers “earbuds because they stay in your ears [and are less likely to fall out]” She continued saying why she prefers earbuds, “because they catch your phone if it falls.”

In the end, it’s up to personal preference. So if you want cheap and easily replaceable earbuds, purchase those. If you would rather use small, portable, and bluetooth earbuds with better sound quality, purchase AirPods.