Kyler Murray Commits To The NFL

Andrew Mendoza, Staff Writer

Photo: Jeff Chiu, AP
Kyler Murray with the Oakland A’s

Heisman Trophy winner and Oklahoma Quarterback Kyler Murray is committing to the NFL Draft. He announced his commitment on Monday in a tweet through Twitter.

He posted, “I am firmly & fully committing my life & time to becoming an NFL QB.”

Social Media outlets were buzzing about his statement because of his involvement with the A’s of Oakland. He was drafted by them and was going to start practice in the Spring. There are concerns about his performance in the NFL because of his height. He is 5’10” but it doesn’t effect his talent in either sport.

In Football, he threw 42 touchdowns for 4,361 yards, 7 interceptions and won the Heisman Trophy. In Baseball, he slowly improved hitting when he first started back in 2017 from 0 HR’s to 10.

His athletic ability in Football makes him a very capable QB for any NFL team. But the question is, what team?

Bryce Prim, a sophomore at Eleanor Roosevelt High School, talked about how Kyler is similar to Michael Vick who retired early 2017. He stated, “They are equally built like each other. If Kyler Murray wasn’t built like Micheal Vick then I wouldn’t think he would have a chance in the NFL.”

He later commented on what team he would most likely end up on. He said, “Most likely the Jacksonville Jaguars because they

(Photo: Brad Penner, USA TODAY Sports)

could risk getting him but I think he will be able to adjust to the NFL quickly.”

Besides the doubtful response from the media, Kyler Murray is still pursuing a career in the NFL. What do you think Mustangs? Will he be a star? Or a setback? Comment down below your thoughts!

Bryce Prim