Pink Out Freshman Tailgate

Pink Out Freshman Tailgate

Monica Rodulfo, Historian/ Staff Writer

The Freshmen Tailgate took place on Friday, October 14, prior to the Pink Out Football game. This tailgate was hosted by Roosevelt’s one and only Link Crew! It took place from 4pm to 6pm, from 4-5pm it was freshmen only, and after that they decided to open it to all other classes. Students were asked to wear pink in support of breast cancer awareness month. All freshmen who attended the pink out tailgate were given a wristband and allowed free entry to our Pink Out Football game against Corona High. This tailgate was created for students to create memories to share with their friends and enjoy food sold by other clubs.

At the freshmen tailgate clubs were able to sell food and hold activities or games in order to help fundraise money for their club. Dance Club sold tattoos for a dollar and Link Crew did face painting for a dollar as well, to get into that Mustang spirit for the game! Food was a popular product at the tailgate as the majority of the clubs sold it. Senior class council had an elote man selling elotes, raspados, and chicharones  for only two dollars.  Make a wish sold hot chocolate to feel nice and cozy on this cold afternoon. Paletas were sold by career awareness and the robotics club, along with humane club selling cupcakes!

Aside from spending time with friends and eating delicious foods, there was some music for all to enjoy. Games like limbo, musical chairs, and bottle flip were played for the freshmen to enjoy. Hope everyone had a great time and make sure to not miss out on the next freshmen tailgate hosted by Link Crew! Go Mustangs!