The Roosevelt Review

ERHS Receives Donation from 7-11 Franchisee Owner

The+student+body+of+ERHS+ASB+all+gathered+around+the+check+gifted+by+Vino+Sagar.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

The student body of ERHS ASB all gathered around the check gifted by Vino Sagar.

Nayeli Rubio

Nayeli Rubio

Nayeli Rubio

Nayeli Rubio, Writer

On Friday, a two-thousand dollar check was presented to the Eleanor Roosevelt High School ASB by Vino Sagar, the owner of Eastvale’s local 7-Eleven, located on Hamner Ave. One half of the check will go towards a scholarship, while the other one-thousand will go towards allowing underprivileged students at the school to experience some activities that they wouldn’t be able to otherwise.

Nayeli Rubio
Hari Dhiman stresses the importance of giving back to the community as he addresses the ERHS ASB.

The check was presented after a few words were said by each Clint Lorimore, Vino Sagar, and Hari Dhiman; the Eastvale City Mayor, the franchisee owner of the Hamner 7-eleven location, and the President of the Eastvale Chamber of Commerce, respectively.

Dhiman proclaimed his support of local businesses in Eastvale: “7-Eleven is a member of the Eastvale Chamber of Commerce… so we came to support him and present this check to the student body.” According to the mayor, the check is a great example of “all of us working together and doing our part.” He stated that “it means only good things for our community” since it is being used to directly support our youth.

Nayeli Rubio
(Left to right) Eastvale Mayor Clint Lorimore, Hari Dhiman, President of the Eastvale Chamber of Commerce, ERHS ASB President Jasmine Tran, and Vino Sagar, owner of Hamner 7-Eleven.

Sagar is a longtime resident of Eastvale, having witnessed the city grow around him. In fact, his own daughter attended ERHS. In an interview, Sagar said that as a business owner, he, “always want[s] to give it back to the society, to the community.” He feels very connected with the students and staff at the school, since it is a frequented spot for many of them.

The generous check sure is an excellent way to contribute to the community. Micheal Stanton, the assistant principal of activities at ERHS, recounted how Sagar decided to give the check, “He made the decision that he wanted to donate a thousand dollars towards the student body for…students that cannot go to certain events and then he also wanted to donate a thousand dollars on a scholarship fund.”

Sagar was later able to explain in detail how the donation will be used in terms of  scholarship funding. “The qualified students will write an essay…for the city of Eastvale.” The essay will include what they like about the city of Eastvale, as well as what they want to see for its improvement. It would also relate back to the 7-Eleven, as Sagar wants to know what the students think about the location. He wants to know “If they were the franchisee owner of that 7-Eleven, what they would have done better to run their store,” as well as improvements they want to see there.

Nayeli Rubio
The officers of ASB with the two thousand dollar check.

Giving back seemed to be very important to all at the event, and as the Associated Student Body all crowded in for a picture, it definitely seems like a good omen for the future. After all, the youth bring about the future, so it’s honorable to see those supporting the youth in Eastvale.

About the Contributor
Nayeli Rubio, Managing Editor

Nayeli Rubio is a junior at Eleanor Roosevelt High School. Prior to joining her current journalism class, she has written for her middle school newspaper,...