ERHS Red Ribbon Week

Aurielle Whtehead

ERHS’s Red Ribbon Week

Aurielle Whitehead, Writer

Eleanor Roosevelt’s Red Ribbon Week was full of school spirit, that was contagious through out the whole entire campus.! This week-long event occurred on October 29 through November 2, 2018. Monday’s theme was pajama day, Tuesday’s theme was tie-dye/70s outfits,  Wednesday’s theme was dressing up in Halloween, Thursday’s theme was wearing sunglasses, and Friday’s theme was to wear red!

Our campus showed so much school spirit by participating in these themed events. We saw the most participation on Monday and Wednesday, which was the day to wear your pajamas and Halloween costumes. Almost everyone came in their pajamas on Monday, along with their stuffed animals.

We saw several costume themes on Wednesday, from superheroes to vampires, which made the day even more exciting! Our school also had a costume contest on Wednesday, that was held during lunch. The winner of the costume contest was Thomas Kendig, who was dressed up as a cheerleader. Kayla Singleton, a junior, stated, “I think it went well! We got some student body participation for the spirit days and the lunch time activities went really well. Overall, I’d call it a success and a fun week.”

Chloe Gonzales, a junior, said,” I enjoyed dressing up for Halloween! I has a great time participating in this week’s events.”

Kayla Singleton

Thank you Mustangs for participating in this fun-filled week, full of themes. We appreciate your school spirit! See you next time for the next Red Ribbon Week!