The Roosevelt Review

The World Series: Red Sox VS Dodgers

Alyssa White

Max White

The 2018 World Series was one to remember. Baseball fans of both teams, the Boston Red Sox and the LA Dodgers, spared no expense in purchasing tickets for the game. Tickets were estimated at anywhere from $300 to even $1000.

Dodgers Via Instagram

The World Series opened in Boston at Fenway Park where two games were hosted, both won by the home team, the Boston Red Sox. The Dodgers, feeling quite disappointed at their double loss, knew that they needed to charge now and not hold anything back if they wanted to ensure a possible win. The Red Sox, feeling victorious, knew that they needed to maintain their stamina and keep fighting.

The third game was moved to Los Angeles, the Dodgers home field. Thinking that being on home turf would have helped the Dodgers pull the big win was not the case, for the Dodgers only wone a single game. Although, game three could easily be considered the biggest game of the whole event. Both teams were neck and neck battling for the win. The game lasted nearly 19 innings and ended roughly around midnight on October 27 after starting close to 5 p.m on October 26.

Dodgers Via Instagram

After game three, the Dodgers felt more cheerful now that they had a win under their belt, but that hopefulness went away after Boston won 9-6. Dodger fans were now getting disappointed that their teams wasn’t performing as good as they had hoped, still small amounts of hope remained for Dodger fans. At the same time, Boston Red Sox fans were thrilled at how great their teams was performing, with their consistent power and dominance of the field.

Game five was played Sunday, October 28 at Dodger Stadium, the finale that all fans had been anticipating. Max White, Dodger fan, attended game five and says that it “started exciting [and] ended tragic.” But that the game as a whole was, “super entertaining.” The Dodgers lost game five 5-1, making the Red Sox take home the World Series title. White also said that, “when you’re a fan, there’s always next year.” So while it was very disappointing for Dodger fans to have witnessed the loss of their favorite team, the fans of the Red Sox celebrated and cheered that they had won for the eighth time.

Clayton Kershaw, pitcher for the Dodgers, said, “It hurts worse when you make it all way and get second place. Having done that two years in a row doesn’t make it any easier.” David Price for the Boston Red Sox, says that he, “appreciate[s] those fans, sticking around [and] rooting for [them]. 

Even though the Dodgers lost, that didn’t stop fans from supporting them. Singer and song writer, Harry Styles, even showed his support by wearing a full length bedazzled baseball uniform paired with sparkly pink sunglasses, definitely arousing laughs from both parties.

About the Writer
Alyssa White, Writer

Alyssa White is a Junior at Eleanor Roosevelt High school. She is a very passionate reader who loves Jesus, books, and coffee.

Alyssa chose Emma Carstairs...