Willy Wonka Jr. Takes the Stage

Willy+Wonka+Jr.+is+showing+for+just+one+weekend.+

Nayeli Rubio

Willy Wonka Jr. is showing for just one weekend.

Nayeli Rubio, Writer

On Thursday ERHS’s  musical production Willy Wonka Jr. took to the stage. With a cast of 45 ERHS students and 50 other students from grades kindergarten to eighth grade, the show is quite diverse.

Playful numbers such as “Think Positive” and “The Candy Man” contrast with the more heartfelt “Cheer Up Charlie,” coming together to form a heartwarming story that is sure to make you smile.

The first ERHS theatre production of the year has so far been a success.

Sophia Raeyes, a senior, came to watch the show on opening night. She was impressed with the quality of the show, especially given how little time they had and still managed to pull it off. When asked for a rating out of five, she said “honestly, I’d give it a five.” She thinks that Willy Wonka Jr. is a perfect way to kick off the theatrical year. Raeyes promises “I know that people are gonna love it.”

Cast member Emily Dunnigan is a senior who plays Ms. Teavee. She says that the show is “a really fun, family-friendly show…full of so many twists and turns.” She feels that the show is energetic and fun; performing was exhilarating, and her passion certainly shows on stage.

Nayeli Rubio
Whimsical sets help create a story that’s truly sweet.

In fact, the whole cast is passionate as they sing about chocolate and flying. The musical is full of colorful lighting and sets, as well as a delightful story. Watching the musical, viewers will be transported into a world of “Pure Imagination.”

Directed by Merica Frost, this is the first theatre production of the year here at ERHS. It will only be  showing for one weekend, so grab your tickets here while you can!