The Roosevelt Review

Cardi B vs. Nicki Minaj

Katerina Avitia, writer

As most of us know, there has been a long term feud between rappers Nicki Minaj and Cardi B for nearly a whole year. Both stars have claimed that the issue started off small between them, but suddenly just escalated as time went on. So much so, that many misunderstandings have caused chaos on both ends for them and their careers. Sources say that this feud began in August of 2017, when Minaj had allegedly taken her shot at Cardi with her latest song at the time, “No Flag”. However, a month later, Cardi came out with her newest song, “No Limit”, leaving fans to believe that she was firing back at Minaj with the lyrics embedded in her song. As reports began to speculate, Cardi did put those rumors to rest, stating that her lyrics were not directed towards anyone. Come October 2017, both Cardi and Minaj collaborated in a new music video featured by Migos, “Motorsport”. As time passed on, the two were seen in attendance at the Met Gala in May having a discussion. Cardi told sources that “I was never feuding with anybody; There was just a misunderstanding.” Also specifically stating that, “I didn’t wanna ever talk about it in public because I felt like we were gonna see each other again and we will talk about it and its always like, little issues” the Bodak Yellow singer claimed. This all leading up to the major event that everyone is talking about today. In early September, both female rappers attended the Harper’s Bazaar Icons Party in New York City. Based on reports, an insider responded by saying, “Cardi came in swearing and shouting. Nicki just stood there and was cool. She did not flinch. Cardi was throwing punches, trying to get at Nicki and then threw her shoe at Nicki.” Later on in the night, Cardi was escorted out by police officers with one shoe gone and quite a large bump on her head. Reports say the main cause of this one event was due to Nicki firing at Cardi about her family, parenting skills, and career.