Eminem’s Kamikaze (New Album)

Eminems Kamikaze (New Album)

Robert Gonzales and Xzavier Contreras

Eminem’s Kamikaze  (September 9th, 2018)

Shady’s back, tell a friend. Rap artist Eminem, recently released a surprise album, titled Kamikaze, no one expected it. Long time Eminem fans will love the new album, with Slim Shady dissing on today’s mumble rappers, calling them out by name or alluding to them in his lyrics.

The rapper has come a long way since his first album 1996,  but became popular in 1999, when his first album released with the rap game changing into mumble rap becoming popular, Eminem came back with this album with a bang. The opening song The Ringer, pokes fun at the fact that mumble rappers are imitating Lil Wayne, with the face tattoos and putting Lil in front of their name and mimicking the flow of some with his own lyrics, putting them to shame.

He calls out other rappers like Drake or Machine Gun Kelly, either dissing their own music or flow, or showing how easy it is to pull off their style.

Unexpectedly there’s a song for the upcoming Venom movie, which was teased on an Instagram post by Eminem and released it within his new album, giving the movie more hype to see the film when it releases. Throughout the album the rapper  disses on other big time rappers today, even taking a shot at the president, Trump himself. He goes along paying respect for old artists, like in the song Stepping Stone, like his old group D12, feeling guilty for how things ended.

We went around and asked our fellow mustangs how they felt about Eminem’s new album. Isaac Quinitana, a sophomore on campus says, “I always thought he was good, but thought he died out as as time went on.”

We also asked Eric Barajas, another sophomore on campus, how he felt about the album. He went on to say, “I think the album is good and that Eminem is meaningful and speaks about the positives instead of the cons. I definitely plan on listening to the rest of the album.”

So far our underclassman are really  liking the new album drop. We wanted to see if our upperclassman felt the same.

Janelle, a fellow junior on campus says, “I thought the album was really good because Eminem put so many of today’s rappers in their place.”

Credit to:

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/eminem-kamikaze/

Credit to

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/08/31/venom-movie-eminem-kamikaze-venom-song-reactions/

If you’ve never heard a song from Eminem or not a fan of hip hop and rap, give this album a try and see what you think.