What TRIDE Can Do for You

Fatimah Jackson, Staff Writer

TRIDE is a student-run non-profit organization for LGBT advocacy at Eleanor Roosevelt High School. The group began simply as a Take A Stand project, but then grew into a mission to refine America’s outlook on LGBT people through action and acceptance.

You may have seen their flyers around campus. Like the flyer advertises, TRIDE is meant to be a safe place for LGBT students and educate others about the oppression LGBT people face. If you happen to see the TRIDE flyers on the back of doors on campus, it means that that teacher is open to any student who may be feeling discriminated or unaccepted based on their gender identity, sexual orientation, or etcetera.

Provided by Josh Dineros

When I spoke with Joshua Dineros, one of the creators of TRIDE, this is what he had to say about the meaning of TRIDE. “Our vision at TRIDE is for everyone’s true self to be accepted in the sight of difference.”

As our country continues to grow, more individuals are beginning to understand that there is no set standard of rules you have to adhere to in life. With organizations like TRIDE, they help restructure the world to become a more open and accepting place. If you are a student at Eleanor Roosevelt who is struggling with your gender identity, sexual orientation, or other, then TRIDE is for you.