Senior transcripts: What you need to know

Seniors+can+request+their+high+school+transcripts+that+feature+marks+dating+back+to+freshman+year+to+the+current+year+at+the+Career+Center.+This+is+what+an+official+transcript+would+look+like%2C+the+one+that+would+get+sent+to+the+desired+colleges.+

Taken by Danny Nguyen

Seniors can request their high school transcripts that feature marks dating back to freshman year to the current year at the Career Center. This is what an official transcript would look like, the one that would get sent to the desired colleges.

Courtesy of www1.pgcps.org/surrattsville/ 

With only a couple weeks left until graduation, the ERHS class of 2018 is left to prepare for finals, AP Exams, and getting out of this darn place to move onto the next stage of their lives.

For most high school graduates, that’s college, but prior to going there, final high schools transcripts need to be sent to them.

So ERHS Seniors can request for their official transcripts that list their grades from all the way back to freshman year up to now at the College and Career Center.

The deadline to request and ideally submit them is May 31st, according to the Senior pamphlet, preferably before graduating. But according to Miss Teresa Roeder, the last day Seniors can request transcripts at the College and Career Center until the deadline of June 8, 2018. 

Here are some things Seniors need to know about high transcripts that Miss Roeder has shared.

What an official transcript is – It’s basically a document that has all your grades from freshman year up to senior year. It is placed within a sealed envelope and stamped with the CNUSD office address. (NOTE: You must not open the sealed envelope or else your transcript would be invalid. Keep it sealed.)

How to request official high school transcripts – Pick up a blue “Final Transcript” form at the Career Center and follow all the directions stated on the form. (NOTE: The “Final Transcript” form is entirely different from the general transcript requests usually given out.)

How to send official high school transcripts – In following the directions to request high school transcripts, students must then send those transcripts to the college they want to go to, provided that they already chose a school that had accepted them. Here’s how to send them:

1. Properly address the envelope. Students should check their college portal of the college they plan to go for the address to forward the final transcript to. They could also go to their college official website and search up on the address to send final transcripts if they can’t find it in their college portal.

2. Verify that address, don’t guess or assume it. If you want to be sure on what address to forward your transcripts to, contact your choice college admission’s office.

3. Before sending, check your transcript to make sure that everything is right.

4. Mail your transcript preferably at your local post office to be safe.

What to do before requesting transcripts – Students need a forever postage stamp to of course mail their transcripts. They also must find the address of their college admission’s office. It is advised that students do not assume that your classmate has the correct address for the office of admissions. Double check on your own to verify. These are things that should be done just to be prepared and organized.

What to do if you can’t request your transcripts at the Career Center – If for some reason you forget to request your transcripts at the Career Center before graduation, you could still request your high school official transcripts after graduation through the CNUSD online transcript request system, which can be accessed here.

Why it is important for Seniors to start requesting/sending their high school transcripts – Most colleges require that you send them your full transcript of your 4 years at high school to attend said college. “Your college application process is conditional unless fully completed. Avoid possible delays and/or complications,” Roeder said in an interview done online.