CNUSD funds field trip to Book Festival in Santa Monica

Danny Nguyen, Staff Writer

It seems that the Corona-Norco Unified School District (CNUSD) will be funding a field trip to the Book Festival in Santa Monica on May 5, giving high school students from across the district the opportunity for them to meet some of their favorite authors such as Veronica Roth (“Divergent”) and Amy Foster (“When Autumn Leaves”).

The festival, aptly titled “Yallfest,” will feature a variety of events ranging from book signings with familiar or up-and-coming young adult authors, food trucks, and other fun activities that teenagers would enjoy.

ERHS students are able to attend by visiting the school librarian, Mrs. Loza, and asking for the permission slip. She urges those interested to get those permission slips turned in soon as spots are limited.

“It’s a fun event that is great for those who enjoy reading books,” Mrs. Loza said.

The CNUSD will pay for the transportation, providing buses for those attending the festival and the event is absolutely free and will drive to the event. The meeting location with which the bus will pick up students is still being determined.

Of course, Mrs. Loza prefers that students bring money to pay for books they could potentially buy and bring snacks so as not to grow hungry.