How’s It Going, Roosey?

Hailey Morales, Staff Writer

School is stressful, no matter what grade you’re in because your brain is constantly at work.

Going into high school, this aspect wasn’t anything that I had expected or wanted to occur. It was very important for me to find myself so that my life could be easier. If I knew who I was, I wouldn’t need to earn someone’s acceptance to feel good about myself. Not everyone will get along with you, not everyone will like you, not every one will want to hangout with you. Always remember to be yourself and not care on what others think about you.

Senior year will be the last year in secondary education. For some of us, that has been very fun although it is going by a little too fast. College is just a semester and a half away and that leads us to ask ourselves the question: what have I done to get ready to graduate and move forward?

Mia Poer, a Roosevelt senior, shared “This year has been pretty easy, I’ve been able to keep up with my grades and this is finally a year where I know exactly what I’m doing in  my classes. I’m just excited to graduate because I am looking forward to get a fresh start and do what I want. I’m going to stay local for college and transfer from there after I find out exactly what I’m doing with my life.”

Another Roosevelt senior, Jessica Halterman, shared “I’m trying to get my work done every night and getting the sleep I need. This is the last year I have with my friends before we all go our separate ways and I really wanna spend a lot of time with them. After high school, I wanna go to a 4 year college and make sure to get my grades on track at all times so I won’t ever be in debt. I love this school because we’re so diverse and always open to hear other’s ideas. Leaving roosevelt, I hope to be an example to the people younger than me. Strive to be your best self and you’ll be fine!”

Perhaps maybe we’ll all get through this, that this stressful time in our lives will pay off in the end. And time still moves on.