The Roosevelt Review

U.N. Ambassador Resigns

President Donald Trump meets with outgoing U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley in the Oval Office of the White House, Tuesday, Oct. 9, 2018, in Washington. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

AP

AP

Andrew Mendoza, Writer

Angel Mendoza

Nikki Haley, the U.S. Ambassador for the U.N., has stepped down from the position.

She made the announcement on Tuesday which caught officials off guard. Haley said, ” I’m leaving on good terms and no one forced me out.”

Later, President Trump hosted a meeting with her to say his goodbyes and to thank her for her help in his campaign. ” She’s done a fantastic job and we’ve done a fantastic job together. We,ve solved a lot of problems.”

Before Haley was an Ambassador, she was a South Carolina legislator in 2010. She later won the re-election in 2014 but dropped her second term to join Trump’s diplomatic team. South Carolina being a key state for Trump’s campaign, Republicans requested Haley for Trump’s team.

Trump has chosen to stay silent about Haley’s successor. But he made attempts towards picking one. Dina Powell was a name for consideration because she was a former White House Official but she decided to withdraw her name from the table.

I recently interviewed Angel Mendoza, a UCLA Graduate, to discuss his thoughts on Haley stepping down from her position. He stated, ” I think she has done her best to represent the Trump Administration and there come comes a time where individuals are looking to develop outside of their assigned roles. She is moving from the U.N., working for the public, and moving to a private industry. She notified Trump six months before her move so this has already been expected.”

What do you think about Haley stepping down? Do you agree with President Trump? Comment down below your thoughts!

Courtesy of: https://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2014/06/05/sc-gov-nikki-haley-signs-bill-requiring-state-to-replace-common-core/
Nikki Haley: South Carolina Governor (2014)

About the Writer
Andrew Mendoza, Writer

I am 16 years old

I love to get lit and have fun wherever I go

“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it”- Malcolm X