Roosevelt’s Got Talent Showcase 2k17!

Hailey Morales and Jaelyn Fudge

It’s no secret that Roosevelt has an extremely talented student body, and this past Monday, students got an opportunity to display their talents at Roosevelt’s 1st annual showcase! Between the pep rally, inspired decorations, spirit games & competitions, the showcase was definitely a success! Some of the performers included the song & cheer team, KPop group, “The Flava” squad, Theatre, and even Santa’s Little Helpers!

And that’s not even half of all the talent on this campus! It was time to show the school what they’ve been waiting for, and later in the rally, students had time to vote and see who had the most talent. It was nice to see different type of showcases rather than all of the same category.

There is so much diversity at this school and it was so fascinating to see students open up to such a big crowd. So much hard work and dedication is put into everything students do and it’s a great feeling to get recognition for things that you love to do. The Roosevelt Review had the opportunity to interview senior Hannah Villa who was a performer in the theatre troupe. Check out what she had to say!

“Winning felt so amazing because dancing and performing is so important to all of us, and it’s amazing to be honored by the student body! We spent countless hours perfecting our routine to make it an entertaining experience for the rally!”

Another senior, Dominic Rodriguez added “It’s always a blast to perform and it meant a lot to perform in a rally with theatre because I consider them family now and I was so happy to be able to be included to show the school how much talent we all have!”

Well there you have it Mustangs! Hope you guys enjoyed the rally!