2nd Annual Thanksgiving Thankful Challenge

Nia Saldana, Vice-President

The Roosevelt Review’s Thankful Challenge has returned!

It’s the time of the year where teachers and staff have recognized their students for being outstanding and giving them something to be thankful for!

The following are students who our staff have chosen to recognize:

Merki-Castro recognizes Danny Nguyen and Nia Saldana

“These two students have worked hard since last year to bring our school paper back to life. Their continued enthusiasm and positive attitudes make them joys to be around and I am so thankful for the honor of being their teacher for two years.”

Mrs. Courter recognizes Taylor Mousaw.

“It has been a pleasure to see you mature as a student. Thank you for your humor and ability to have fun, while getting it done in the classroom. ”

Ms. Sidhu recognizes Melissa Sigala.

“Melissa is like a daughter to me. She is extremely caring and compassionate towards others. I look forward to seeing her on my odd days during AP Lang. I love how she’s positive, strong, and outspoken. I’m going to miss her so much, but I know she will finish the year strong! I’m thankful and blessed to have her as a student! Love you Melissa!!!”

Nicole Rocha recognizes Felicia Bernal.

“She is a strong and loving person who never gives up. She has a great personality whom I love to have around.”

Delia Carreras recognizes Mariel Pontvianne.

“I am grateful for Mariel’s dedication to her studies and for her caring and helpfulness during class and ELAC events.”

Delia Carreras recognizes Marie Ann Tagolimot.

“I love Marie for her willingness to unconditionally help others. Thanks for being my super helper!”

Dr. Goins recognizes Mya Victor.

“Mya brightens my days. She funny, intelligent, and thoughtful. And although she can go sideways at time, I’m thankful she’s a Mustang!”

Tracy Gamache recognizes Dorene Tsai.

“Dorene is a student who swells with love and compassion. In all she does, she seeks to understand those around her spreading love and positivity. Recently, she started leaving me uplifting post-it notes with small messages of thanks and love. It warms my heart and brightens my day!”

Amanda Meyer recognizes Niko Hilbert.

“He brings a smile to class everyday and is one of the sweetest kids I know!”

Ms. Lucero recognizes Oscar Zuniga.

” Oscar is the reason I come to work as he is a student that is always bright, positive, respectful, and works hard. I always am happy when he drops into my office with his beaming smile!”

Seema Sidhu recognizes all of her students!

I’m so grateful and thankful to have had the best 10th and 11th grade students at ERHS!!!! I will miss you all dearly, but I know you will all do great things in life by working hard and pursuing your goals and dreams. I love you all so much!!! 

Jamie Liu recognizes Bailey Ferrell.

“Wonderful smile. Positive attitude. Excellent work ethic.”

Mrs. Bickel recognizes Paige Hutton.

“Keeping me organized & always willing to help.” 

Nadine Loza recognizes Jaclyn Dominguez.

“She is such a help to me in the library!”

Nadine Loza recognizes Melissa Bowie. “Thank you for you help in the Library!”

Dr. Goins recognizes Mya Victor.

Carrie Turang recognizes Samir Nomani.

“Samir is super creative and always challenges himself. He is very kind and respectful, and laughs at my silly jokes.”

Sarah Bricco recognizes Adrian Burgos.

“Adrian always has a smile on his face and always brings such a positive vibe to the classroom. He is friendly, helpful, optimistic, and hard working.”