Things Change.

Things+Change.

Hailey Morales, Staff Writer

In high school, there’s so many things to focus on and sometimes we have trouble in trying to manage our time and devoting our attention to the various tasks that keep us busy. So it is prudent that in the midst of all this craziness, we tend to devote some time to our social lives, which is very important to us these days.

Seriously, it can honestly make or break your appearance to others if things are taken the wrong way. Unfortunately, for the most part, things are taken in a negative way. People want to listen to rumors or whatever seems to make their life a little bit more interesting. It’s sad because quite frankly, teenagers would rather be invested or updated on other’s lives instead of focusing on themselves and trying to better themselves.

In high school,  a lot of the times, people will follow the people they “dislike” on social media, which I think makes no sense. I suppose that people here can be sketchy and unpredictable. One can say they have your back, but  in actuality, they really don’t and that really shows when a serious situation comes up and they’re nowhere to be found. Whatever happened to them being there for you no matter what the situation is?

In past friendships, I’d give 100% effort because that’s the kind of person I am. I want people to always feel appreciated and loved but, unfortunately, that is never reincorporated. But there can’t be much to expect in this generation because everybody is selfish. That’s why I started just doing my own thing and being okay with being okay.

Trust is a word that’s used too lightly nowadays. I used to believe that you should give someone trust until they prove to you that they don’t deserve it, but honestly this year really showed me that it should be the other way. Don’t trust these people around you, even the people that you call a “friend”. It’s sad not being able to talk about your problems but the bad part about not being able to trust someone is, it doesn’t stop when you get older.

In the words of  fellow ERHS Senior Nia Saldana: “You’re better off finding a few people that you know that are there for you and simply just being nice to other people so you don’t have to deal with drama from negative people. It’s important to keep the good ones by your side but don’t get caught up in other’s drama.”

Another senior from ERHS Alicia Lopez says, “Always try to make friends around you because you never know whether or not they’re a good person or not. Luckily, I’ve never had bad experiences with friends because I’ve been in softball all 4 years of high school so my friends always stayed the same.”