ERHS Dig Pink Game

Honor+those+who+are+fighting+cancer%2C+who+have+survived+cancer%2C+or+who+have+been+taken+by+cancer.+

Amanda Hollis

Honor those who are fighting cancer, who have survived cancer, or who have been taken by cancer.

Amanda Hollis, Journalist

October is the month when we honor those who have survived, are fighting, and who have been taken by breast cancer. The Eleanor Roosevelt Girls Volleyball program had a Dig Pink game on October 2. Each player, manager, and coach honored a person who has been affected by not only breast cancer, but any cancer, and survived, is still fighting, or was taken.

Amanda Hollis
All Proceeds from the volleyball game went to Loma Linda Breast Center.
Amanda Hollis
All players had a rose with the person’s name whom they were honoring that night. “It felt inspiring to play even harder because you know you’re playing for those people. It also felt like a little part of them were still here and you got to remember and honor them,” said Kaylee Torres, who played for Manuel and Aurora Guerro, both taken by cancer.
Keri Whitaker
Amanda Hollis
Coming together to support Patricia Zarate; our head coach, who has survived breast cancer.
Amanda Hollis
The shirt all players wore in support of cancer. “Playing for someone was a great motivator for me because I was honoring someone I love and would fight for. It feels good to know that if they could see me they would be proud and I would make them happy,” says Katahna Dixie, who played for Susie Marie Purnell, still fighting.
Amanda Hollis
The Junior Varsity team plays in honor of the people that they chose.
Amanda Hollis
All players wore their pink jersey in honor of breast cancer.
Amanda Hollis
At Dig Pink all the parents came together to make food to raise money for people who are fighting breast cancer.
Amanda Hollis
Celebrating after freshman, Junior Varsity, and Varsity won all their games.