Destructive California Fires

Aurielle Whitehead

Destructive fires all over California

Aurielle Whitehead, Staff Writer

California has recently been experiencing some deadly wildfires that have taken the city of Los Angeles by a storm. Hundreds of people have been forced to evacuate their homes and possibly leave behind precious belongings. The city of  Paradise has completely burned down and many celebrities’ homes have been destroyed as well. Some notable celebrities who’s homes have perished include Gerard Butler, Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth, Neil Young, Robin Thicke, and Camille Grammer.

Accumulating the nickname “Camp Fire”, the Los Angeles Times stated that “The Paradise fire is significantly larger,  having leveled more than 10,000 structures and burned 142,000 acres,” which is a huge amount of space that’s perished due to this gigantic fire.

According to the CNN, “Those reported missing has spiked to more than 600, and currently 56 people have been pronounced dead.” Miguel Navarro, a sophomore at Eleanor Roosevelt, said “I do know about the tragic fire that burned down the city. I hope they fight through this event.”  No one can imagine how it feels to lose a family member or multiple like that. This is a horrific nightmare that many  people are experiencing and we wish them the best of luck.