High School Quarterback Paralyzed

Amanda Hollis, Writer

On the hot football field a life experience happened that will never be forgotten. A football player from Hacienda Heights, Nick Aguayo, suffered from a severe spinal cored injury that has left him paralyzed.

”Nick Aguayo took a hit right before half-time on Sept. 28 that knocked him down and he was unable to get up” says KTLA 5 news. With a traumatic accident the team supported him through the whole thing. There were people surrounding him with love all the time, making him feel cared about, which he was.

“Nick was rushed to LAC-USC Medical center where hours of testing began. Doctors told him there was something wrong with his spinal cord, they called it spinal shock” said KTLA 5 news. With this injury it didn’t just leave Nick Aguayo without playing football but also basketball and track.

Today he is still in rehabilitation trying to make movement and even when he can make the smallest movement he considers that the best of progress. With his determination he claims that to get better you must work for it, do what you want and enjoy the times you have and stay positive through all of it and surround yourself with people who you love and know that are going to support you through all of it.